[josm-dev] "Message of the day" texts

Dirk Stöcker openstreetmap at dstoecker.de
Mon Dec 29 11:31:05 GMT 2008

On Mon, 29 Dec 2008, Женя wrote:

> And one more question about translations: there are some strings, like
> "http://www.openstreetmap.org/traces", "EPSG:4326", and so on - they
> don't require a translation. What should i do with them? Currently I
> leave them blank. Should I just copy the existing variant to the
> translation?

There are two solutions which have the same result in the software but
different result for translator:

a) Leave string empty - The original is displayed - But your always have
an untranslated string
b) Copy the string - The original is displayed - But you have no
untranslated strings

Use "b" I would suggest :-)

> I'm not an experienced translator, so I don't know the policies :)

You get more experienced the more you do, so feel free to ask.

BTW: French has 377 missing where Russian has 412. Do you really want let
them win the race?