[josm-dev] "Message of the day" texts

Dirk Stöcker openstreetmap at dstoecker.de
Mon Dec 29 11:41:29 GMT 2008

On Mon, 29 Dec 2008, Ulf Lamping wrote:

> I've started to fix a) in english and german language (as a start I've
> simply used logfile date format YYYY.MM.DD and SVN version - maybe we
> need to use local date formats at least for the translations?).

I copied the new stuff to It and Pl as well, or they will never notice the
change.

> But how to deal with the old message pages? As I can't delete the pages
> (tried to login to the JOSM trac with my SVN password but didn't
> worked), I just emptied out the page content for SVN<1000 for now. These
> empty but existing pages will probably slow down things in the long run,
> so deleting the old pages completely will probably be a better choice ...

I removed them, so they are no longer loaded, but they should be deleted
nevertheless :-)

Here are all delete candidates:

MessageOfTheDay>=858 De:MessageOfTheDay>=858
MessageOfTheDay>=805 De:MessageOfTheDay>=805
MessageOfTheDay>=608 De:MessageOfTheDay>=608
MessageOfTheDay>=547 De:MessageOfTheDay>=547
MessageOfTheDay>643  De:MessageOfTheDay>643

Frederik, you should have permission to do so.