[josm-dev] Autocompletion of numbers and access to presets

Stefan Breunig stefan at mathphys.fsk.uni-heidelberg.de
Fri Feb 13 19:36:13 GMT 2009

> I am not inserting adress interpolation and i dont like that part of the
> Karlsruhe schema at all. As the OpenRouteService already proves the
> interpolation is mostly irrelevant as ORS interpolates anyway also
> without any interpolating address way ...
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=51.78382&lon=8.31078&zoom=17&layers=B000FTF
> Flo

Oh interpolations are of use. After all, I'm no computer and it takes
me much longer to compare things. So, grouping them by adding a visual
clue of some kind (e.g. a different background, a line, etc.) really
helps me as I only need to compare the groups instead of single items
(which reduces the amount tremendously). While looking at the example
you gave I was very confused which direction the numbers go at
Brieger, Danziger and Frankensteiner Straße until I realized these
were different streets (names are not rendered on the zoom level you
gave). Reichenberger Straße is just the opposite where the side ways
belong to the main street.
I prefer having only some house numbers /rendered/ and instead drawn
an interpolation in between to reduce eye strain. I find it very hard
to find a specific house number and I feel disoriented on the example
you gave, but maybe it's just me. I'm not sure why everybody only
cares for routing software when talking about house numbers, but well.

Greetings
xeen
PS: I believe there's a bug, have a look at
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=51.784482&lon=8.308449&zoom=18&layers=B000FTF
/ Königsberger Straße/Landsberger Straße. My guess that the eastern
one actually should be a "2" (unless there really are two 24's on the
same street or they are on different streets but the numbering doesn't
make any sense). This is another advantage for interpolation, because
OSM Inspector would have warned about this ;)

--
Please encrypt your mail:
http://mathphys.fsk.uni-heidelberg.de/~stefan/publickey.asc