[josm-dev] start of gwtosm the google webtoolkit port of josm

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu May 27 10:03:01 BST 2010

Dirk,

Dirk Stöcker wrote:
> I'm not so sure this is true anymore. JOSM's internal structure has been
> reworked largely and it has a big advantage - it has been tested for a
> long time and works reliable.

Nothing against JOSM's internal structure but it seemed to me that Avar
was looking for a rather general OSM library, whereas even today, and
even if you look at the base layer of objects in JOSM, everything is
geared towards being an editor - you'll find projected coordinates in
the node objects, your primitives will have flags saying whether they
are editable or not, and so on. All this is perfectly OK in the JOSM
context but I wouldn't want that overhead for general OSM data processing.

Bye
Frederik