[josm-dev] Creating a user-friendly changelog for tested release

Simon Legner simon.legner at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 18:56:26 GMT 2012

Hi!

On 09/02/12 16:58, Paul Hartmann wrote:
> Do you think we can merge both lists, at least internally? We'd have one
> wiki page ChangelogSource and each entry is marked either for changelog
> or for startup note or for both. This would remove redundancy and make
> live easier for the translators.

Removing duplication is a good idea.  However, in my opinion, this only
makes sense if the changelog messages are translated to a decent number
of languages.  Is it common to translate the changelog of a software to
several languages?

Concerning a ChangelogSource, I don't know whether this is possible from
a technical point of view as I'm not familiar with the internals of
Trac.  A negative aspect (in my opinion) of StartupPageSource is that
the translation strings somehow clutters the text which makes it harder
to just quickly find a news item or edit the wiki page.

Just my two cents ...
Simon