[josm-dev] Request for review of plugins

Dirk Stöcker openstreetmap at dstoecker.de
Tue Feb 25 09:34:56 UTC 2014

On Tue, 25 Feb 2014, Marián Kyral wrote:

> Both plugins were discussed and tested by Czech OSM community (talk-cz@) and
> are regularly used by several users. I think that now are both plugins stable
> enough to include them in JOSM repository (and fix the annoying missing
> version issue).

See
https://josm.openstreetmap.de/wiki/DevelopersGuide/DevelopingPlugins

Some notes:
a) You aren't required to have plugins in OSM-SVN. External plugins are
also supported, see https://josm.openstreetmap.de/wiki/Plugins , but SVN
has some advantages (like translations).

b) If your code is an extension of Tracer plugin without breaking existing
functionality, I'd vote for updating the existing plugin instead of a new
one. If Tracer and Tracer2 can be joined I'd also would welcome that. It's
confusing for users to have multiple plugins with the same goal.

c) Regarding shortcuts, have a look at
https://josm.openstreetmap.de/wiki/DevelopersGuide/ShortcutsList :-)

> As I'm not a java programmer, I'm asking for code review and for help with
> commiting to JOSM tree.

I also was no Java programmer before starting with JOSM. We wont cut your
head if you make errors. Testing with multiple users sounds already like a
very good approach.

Ciao