[OSM-legal-talk] [OSM-talk] linz dataset for nz - attribution methods summary

Robin Paulson robin.paulson at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 20:32:39 BST 2008

www.openstreetmap.org . the page with the map

> >  became more popular than the main site (generally, or in NZ) would
> >  the agreement you're after force its admins to add links?  Or on

well, osm don't control the cycle map (i think), but cc-by-sa says
they have to attribute the data sources, so yes, under the terms of
the license they have chosen to use, they must attribute.

> >  the other side, if you specify "on www.openstreetmap.org" what if
> >  the project renames?

this is very htpotthetical, but it doesn't really matter - the point
is to have a link to attribution data at the place where people
view/download/whatever the data. if the map page changes, the link
gets moved to the new map page