[OSM-legal-talk] The "major contributions" argument

Mikel Maron mikel_maron at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 8 20:04:54 GMT 2008

We are losing out in a big way if we give up these contributions.
It's a big world, and getting donations is going to help us map even faster.
OpenStreetMap is changing the culture of sharing, and we should do everything we can to encourage this.
Giving attribution is not any compromise at all on the spirit of the project,
and attribution is going to commonly be the minimum require for released data.