[OSM-legal-talk] [talk] New site about the license change

kevin at cordina.org.uk kevin at cordina.org.uk
Tue Nov 16 11:23:08 GMT 2010

But isn't the bit that's causing the bulk of the discussion a limited part of the CTs, not ODbL per se?

It strikes me as two issues - changing to ODbL and, separately, the inclusion of a clause in the CTs allowing a future unspecified relicensing by the OSMF.  The two aren't, necessarily, interlinked.

I haven't heard any fundamental objection to moving to ODbL, but lots of objections to the CTs.  Unfortunately the two seem to be being treated as one.

Kevin