[OSM-legal-talk] I want my access back

ce-test, qualified testing bv - Gert Gremmen g.gremmen at cetest.nl
Thu Aug 11 16:20:18 BST 2011

Simon, Robert,

That (see below) cannot be completely true then, as if it were, we could
copy
from Google as we like, as long as we do attribute.

I see no difference in re-publishing text, as in our email lists
and the database, properly citing Google as source.

You will probably say then that Google's license prohibits that use
-even when attributing- and then I come back to my (much earlier)
statement that licenses are there to restrict free use of data, not to
allow.

At the time the whole community jumped on my back ! (is that correct ?)
stating that license are to allow proper use, not to prevent use.

Anyway, if default IP right allows for citing when attributing, why
do our users need to agree to a ODBL license ?

Is there anything more that we like them to comply with ?

>> There must be a limit to what can be considered a breach of
intellectual
>> property !

>True, and that's what CTs and a license are for!
That is not enough for an answer !

Gert