[OSM-legal-talk] I want my access back

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Fri Aug 12 08:50:40 BST 2011

Olaf

What you are suggesting would have amounted to allowing every single
pre-CT mapper
a veto on the license change process. With something around 300'000
pre-CT mappers,
this is obviously not just not practical, it is simply absurd. Nobody
likes losing data and
mappers, but it is unavoidable in a process involving so many people
with so divergent
views on the subject at hand.

I have to yet see anybody claim that the CTs or the ODbL are perfect, we
are just so far
down the road in the process that the kind of change you have suggested
would have
implied restarting the whole process. There was ample time and
opportunity to give
input and work on the CTs -now- that has gone and any amount of
complaining by
you will not change that (and I say that as somebody who rather unhappy
with certain
aspects of the CTs which I consider substantially more important than
your fear of
conspiracies).

Simon