[OSM-legal-talk] I want my access back

Nic Roets nroets at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 22:34:21 BST 2011

On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 10:47 PM, Michael Kugelmann <MichaelK_OSM at gmx.de> wrote:
> On 12.08.2011 11:46,  Florian Lohoff wrote:
>>
>> Up to now the pre-CT mappers have not even asked if a license change
>> should happen at all, and WHICH license be switched to.
>
> May I remind you a litte bit on the history of the licence change... (all as
> far as I know)
>
> While the first SOTM at Manchester (July 2007) there was a pannel about the
> license. BTW:

So, did the panel ASK the individuals attending what license they want ?

> The licence working
> group was founded 2008, everybody was invited to join.

I didn't receive an invitation. If the OSMF wanted to hear all the
different opinions on the license, they would not have formed the LWG,
because legal-talk is a reasonable aggregation point for that.
Actually we were asked to move some discussion from legal-talk to
legal-general. So it's pretty clear that the issue was not going to be
resolved through 'talk'ing or meetings.

Next you are going to point me to the Pieren poll. The first problem
there is that people who want PD cannot be assumed to be supporters.
But, more importantly, only people subscribed to certain mailing lists
knew of that poll.

The question is pretty simple: Ask every active mapper (including
those who have not accepted the CTs) if they think the benefits of the
new license will outweigh the costs.