[OSM-legal-talk] "Information for officials and diplomats of countries and entities with disputed territories"

Michael Collinson mike at ayeltd.biz
Tue Jul 9 18:38:05 UTC 2013

Simon,

Oliver, Dermot and I have give a finally look over the document and are
happy to now send it to the board as our formal proposal. However, as
Chair I would really prefer a formal quorate, 4, for such things and ask
you to indicate yes or no by email before I send it.

https://docs.google.com/a/osmfoundation.org/document/d/1uQ0hpkFxqdNf7aPMk_5PaHFZojxULMcWXxLJRbYq4oE/edit

The draft is of the last meeting + your changes + we went through and
considered and clarified what each "OpenStreetMap" meant.  As an
interesting aside, it defines "OpenStreetMap" without qualification to
be the database itself rather than any human entity ... may be a useful
legal construct in the future.

I also intend forwarding it to the Japanese community since treatment of
disputed-island naming is an issue there as it ties the hands of the
national mapping agency on how cooperative they can be with us. If I get
any substantial feedback, I will forward to board.

Mike