[OSM-legal-talk] OSM based GPS navigations and ODbl license of OSM data

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Wed Jan 7 10:30:12 UTC 2015

Marketing != Reality

It is just some marketing blurb to sell their product, trying to derive
what they are really doing from it is just speculation.

We -do- know that TeleNav has added lots of stuff to OSM directly (for
example http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/mvexel/diary/28211) and/or are
providing such data to the OSM community ScoutSigns, maproulette
challenges etc. for use to improve OSM data. Which all is clearly
unproblematic, not to say very good.

Simon