[OSM-legal-talk] wikidata cc0 <> odbl

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Sun Dec 3 13:10:21 UTC 2017

Well IMHO none of this is relevant, as we do not claim any rights in
individual elements in our database.

As a result every single operation for itself is completely OK. The
issues start when you (and I include any method of work splitting in
that) do any of them systematically in a way that is no longer
insubstantial.

Any data you directly created yourself remains yours naturally and while
there is a bit of fuzziness around the question of what applies to the
copy in the OSM database itself, you can do with that what you want
(assuming you weren't creating something that depended on already
existing OSM data).

IANAL

Simon