[Local-chapters] OSM Local Chapters Discussions

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Wed Jan 16 13:41:42 GMT 2013

> At the current point in time my best guess is that we are unlikely to
> fundamentally change the membership process in the OSMF or pursue any
> other larger structural change. As a consequence  I expect that the
> original idea to put contractual relationships with the local chapters
> in place will remain valid.

Hi Simon,

As far as I understand (and maybe I have missed some news) there isn't any
contractual relationship possible (yet).
I can only speak for the Japanese local chapter, which was established for
various reasons.

Similar to Douglas I contacted this mailing list after OSMFJ was setup to
ask for the next steps as we had tried to follow the guidelines and fulfill
the requirements listed in the Wiki. But then I learned that these were
just proposals and we started a discussion about what a local chapter would
expect from being under an OSMF umbrella and what OSMF would expect from a
local chapter. But i didn't see there was any conclusion or result as local
chapters had quite different motivations and ideas.

Following other mails of the OSMF list, there seem to be other problems
than local chapter contracts ;-)

Daniel

--
Georepublic UG & Georepublic Japan