[OSM-newbies] performance

Ed Loach ed at loach.me.uk
Wed Dec 10 10:41:00 GMT 2008

All of your links displayed something for me, though
informationfreeway seemed to have plain sea tiles where they should
have information. The Openstreetmap.org one looked fine.

> After a while some of the missing thiles is replaced by the
> "...more OSM
> coming soon".

There were tah server problems for the last day or so, and I was
getting this for everything tah related; the maplint validation
layer on the Mapnik layer was similarly not loading. Osmarender just
gave the tiles you describe.

There is a queue of tiles to rerender for the Osmarender layer where
amendments were made while the server was down that is being worked
through at present I think. Or perhaps it is already onto new
changes.
http://server.tah.openstreetmap.org/Request/show/page1/

The Mapnik layer is updated weekly, so (within about) a week after
you have uploaded the trails they should be visible on both the
Mapnik and Osmarender layers so if either is unavailable the other
should be.

In case anyone doesn’t know about the layers I'm naming, they are
the choices when browsing the map at Openstreetmap.org and click the
+ in the top right hand corner. The Osmarender layer seems to be
called Tiles At Home layer or T at H layer at other slippy map
implementations I have seen.

Ed