[OSM-newbies] Different maxspeed in different directions

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-gis-osm-newbies at silbe.org
Sun Dec 28 10:52:22 GMT 2008

On Sun, Dec 28, 2008 at 10:16:10AM +0100, Alberto Nogaro wrote:

[left/right/forward/backward prefix style encoding of side-dependant
features]
> Some users tend to oppose this kind of tagging, as they deem it might
> lead
> to errors when a way direction is reversed without caring of adjusting
> those
> tags. I think a check to assist correct way reversal could be
> implemented in
> the editors.
This is already implemented in JOSM. Haven't tried it out, but it's in
the source. Both 'oneway' and keys (not values!) prefixed with one of
"left:"/"left_", "right:"/"right_", "forward:"/"forward_" or
"backward:"/"backward_" should be correctly reversed.
Don't know about other editors, though.

CU Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/