[OSM-newbies] ghost ? lines between raw .gpx in JOSM

Peter Herison pherison at web.de
Sat Feb 14 10:14:24 GMT 2009

Hein Schouwenaars (HPA) wrote:

>What I notice lately that there are (it seems random) lines connecting the
>various GPS tracks. These are criss cross over the whole area. This must be
>a bug isn't it? Or can we do something to our tracks to prevent this?

JOSM is assuming that these track points belong together (to a single
track) and connects them with a line. Donno why this happens. I think
it has something to do with GPX-File during upload and the timestamp
for each trackpoint.
Try playing with the parameter "Maximum length" under Preferences -->
"Display Settings" --> "Draw lines between raw gps points."