[OSM-newbies] Downloading specific OSM area to JOSM

Bob Hawkins bobhawkins at waitrose.com
Tue Jan 20 15:56:12 GMT 2009

Russ,

Thanks for your response.

I have repeated today what I did yesterday.  Only once did I get a 'No data imported' message.  All subsequent selections have downloaded perfectly.

The process I use, which you ask about, is as follows:
I have the slippy_map_chooser plugin, which provides me with an additional tab and option in the 'Download' box that opens from File>Download from OSM... to the right of the tabs 'Bounding Box', 'Tile Numbers', 'Bookmarks' and 'Map'.  I zoom into the roundabout in question, select a small area to cover it, and click 'OK'.  I am not personally entering a url, although I note one is present at the foot of the 'Bounding Box' tab and that the bounding box coordinates change with each selection.

I hope this helps your analysis.

Bob