[Osmf-talk] 13k OSMF members by end of 2010?

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue Aug 4 09:52:04 UTC 2009

Hi,

Andy Allan wrote:
> Whilst I agree with the broad thrust of your discussion I disagree with
> this. Until recently the OSM community size was doubling approximately
> every 9 months - so I wouldn't support a policy to actively shrink the
> percentage of the community who are osmf members!

Ok, maybe I was exaggerating, we don't have to shrink the percentage.

I now realize that Nick's figures come in part from his assumption that
OSM will have grown from 10.000 active mappers today to 100.000 by the
end of 2010 (i.e. doubling every 5 months or so). I'm not entirely
convinced but if OSMF hires more people to do evangelising... it's all
nicely circular isn't it. Once you gent into the rat race the wheels
just keep on turning.

Bye
Frederik