[Osmf-talk] OSM-F membership growth

John McKerrell john at mckerrell.net
Wed Aug 19 15:15:05 UTC 2009

On 19 Aug 2009, at 15:40, Lulu-Ann at gmx.de wrote:

>> Hm.. I thought I'd replied yesterday to Lulu-Ann but apparently not.
>> If people wanted to order their own cards from an OSMF website which
>> included a template, by default Moo will give 10% back to the
>> originating site anyway. I say by default but I think you do have to
>> let them know in advance. Moo quite often offer discounts too though
>> if they were giving 10% to OSMF perhaps they wouldn't. Worth asking.
>
> Hi John,

Hi

> I don't even know what or who Moo is.
See below, though you appear to have made an assumption and jumped to
conclusions anyway.

> I was not talking about making a contract with any business card
> provider, I meant a template to use with the print button of your
> browser, your own printer, your own ink and your own paper.
Yes but I want quality cards, not something I've cut out myself.

> btw, we are a worldwide community, I'm afraid it is a british view
> to hire a printing service and let the rest of the world suffer the
> shipping costs.

Moo are a highly regarded printing company distributing globally (and
printing in the US as well as the UK these days) that offer an API and
can offer cashback to API users. My suggestion was simply that, a
suggestion, there's no reason everyone in every country can't make an
agreement themselves. If we wait until we have an agreement with a
printer in every single country then we'll wait a long time.

John