[Osmf-talk] EVERYONE: PLEASE VOTE

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Thu Aug 20 09:51:46 UTC 2009

On 20/08/09 10:26, Peter Miller wrote:

> Do we believe that the issue of no-monetary membership should be
> addressed before the next AGM? Incidentally, the concept of 'established
> user' would also be useful when counteracting vandalism without
> unreasonably restricting editing rights for new users (ie new users can
> edit features and add new features, but they can't move whole towns or
> revert other people's changes until they get 'established').

I don't have any particular feelings either way on the proposal in
general but from a legal point of view somebody will need to investigate
the requirements of UK company law.

Certainly we can't make people members without their active consent,
both because the Companies Act requires it (section 112(2) of the 2006
act) and because by doing so they will become liable to pay up to £5 in
the event of the foundation going bust.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)