[Osmf-talk] License Working Group - license change proposal status

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Wed Dec 2 13:42:12 GMT 2009

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 2:55 AM, Jeroen Carelse <jeroen at carelse.com> wrote:
> Hello all,

Hi Jeroen,

> Imagine a situation where I use OSM data and at my site, add the location of my chicken shed, pig stable and my lawnmower, is this the "own data" that you refer to above?
>
> Imagine a situation where I will use OSM data on my site and will place a marker at the local town hall, is that marker location "own data"?
>
> What if I add a popup with text describing the town hall, is the text inside the popup "own data" ?

I would expect each of your use cases to be permitted, with
attribution, based on the following published use case.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Open_Data_License/Use_Cases#Overlaying_OSM_maps_with_information_without_need_to_contribute_back

Best regards,
Richard
Speaking for myself, not for the foundation.