[Osmf-talk] New license change proposal status

Brian Quinion osmfoundation at brian.quinion.co.uk
Thu Dec 3 02:01:10 UTC 2009

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 9:03 PM, SteveC <steve at asklater.com> wrote:
> There already is common agreement. Don't mistake signal for noise. This has been a huge multi-year effort with buy in from the majority of people.
> It would be exactly the same if we were going PD - there would be people shouting for copyleft, or whatever.

Yes, they probably would., however please allow a 3 way vote and put
this whole question to bed.

Every time this request is rejected - and it has been made in various
forms since pretty much from the moment the licensing question was
raised - it just looks more and more as if people are afraid to see
the result of such a poll.

Rejecting it does nothing but disenfranchise a proportion of the OSM
community for no good purpose.
--
 Brian