[Osmf-talk] wiki pages

SteveC steve at asklater.com
Sat Dec 5 22:52:23 UTC 2009

On Dec 5, 2009, at 3:42 PM, Elizabeth Dodd wrote:

> On Sun, 6 Dec 2009, SteveC wrote:
>> On Dec 5, 2009, at 3:22 PM, Elizabeth Dodd wrote:
>>> I've just reviewed the wiki pages for why yes and why no
>>>
>>> I find that the editing performed on those pages is disreputable. When
>>> you have a plebiscite you have different space for the yes and no
>>> arguments.
>>>
>>> The nay-sayers have not written all over the Yes page.
>>>
>>> The yes people have written all over the No page.
>>
>> No, as far as I know Matt tried to rebut a rather stupid point, and was
>> deleted.
>>
>> I marked it as disputed, because there is indeed dispute.
>>
>> Yours &c.
>>
>> Steve
>
> You didn't mark the Yes page as disputed did you?

No, because nobody has tried disputing it.

> Rebuttals do not belong on the same page.

...says who? It's the first I've heard of it. If anything, it's a wiki page and I would expect back and forth. As far as I know the OSM wiki doesn't follow the wikipedian NPOV model either.

> I do not have a problem with you running a secondary page with your rebuttals,
> but your behaviour is bigoted and should be amended to be more fair.

Look, you have infinite amounts of time and want to disrupt everything and don't want to work with the team who have put all this stuff together. That's great, but don't expect me to play nice either.

Yours &c.

Steve