[Osmf-talk] Fwd: AW: Lizenzverstoß bei Magix Foto auf CD&DVD 9

Matthias Meißer digi_c at arcor.de
Wed Nov 25 17:35:39 UTC 2009

Hi, well my opinion is quite similar to Lulu-Anns, even when a lot of
new aspects aren't bad.

I wrote this draft only basing on my little experiences of the awareness
of companies using OSM. In this example it is pretty easy to identify
that MAGIX uses our data/maps/services. But what will happen when
companies merge our data e.g. for navigation devices? Currently there
are interesting developments in www.navitestnrw.de that measure if our
data are good enough for professional routing. I think it might be
possible that we might get similar problems like www.gpl-violations.org
Anyway, thats just to show you my intention.

I agree with you that the message has to be in a more objective tone.
Nevertheless they did something wrong and we should say what they have
to do to fix it (otherwise we're unable to tell them that miss the
license in future). But you are right, that has to be in a more general
way ("please mention OSM as source and CC-by-sa 2.0 as license at a
place where the enduser see it") and why that this will have positive
aspects to get new users.

You are right, I think a '2 strikes' politic is much more efficient than
a more extreme approach.

kind regards
Matthias(!i!)