[Osmf-talk] Translations of the ODBL

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue Jul 27 07:00:44 UTC 2010

Hi,

Harald Richter wrote:
> The problem is not only a translation of the Licence but also the
> "Vereinbarung für Mitwirkende" when creating a new OSM account.
> The user has the options french, italian and ROW.

There is a translation of the contributor terms into German here:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/DE:Open_Database_License/Contributor_Terms

It is not a legally binding translation so isn't linked to in the signup
process. Why and how the French and Italian versions ended up there I
don't know; perhaps Germans can legally sign an English-language
contract but Frenchmen and Italians cannot?

Bye
Frederik