[Osmf-talk] "ArcGIS supports Openstreetmap"

Sam Larsen samlarsen1 at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Sep 12 20:14:31 UTC 2010

http://stateofthemap.org/esri-as-bronze-sponsor/

If they want to make some noise - you don't have to listen.

Look around you.  This community, whether you like it or not is made up of many
people who either focus their business around OSM, people who are moving in that
direction or people who would love to have OSM as a major part of their day
job.  When i look for a job one of the most important (if not the most
important) factors is how much OSM is involved.  Part of using OSM in your job
is making profit from your activities - that's basic economics; we all charge
for something.

As long as ESRI are not going around actively trying to destroy the project
(which i don't really think they could do anyway), then the old anti-ESRI
argument is not really worth discussion on this list.

Sam