[Osmf-talk] Membership applications from Skobbler employees

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Wed Aug 24 08:02:55 UTC 2011

Hi,

On 08/24/2011 08:51 AM, Steve Coast wrote:
> I think you have to look at this in the context of the last time a
> company paid for its employees to become members. It was not received
> well.

I remember vaguely.

As I said previously, there's nothing in the current rules that forbids
this kind of mass joining but at the same time there is a provision that
the board has to accept membership applications so they are within their
right if they don't; one could even say: If the current rules say that
membership applications have to be accepted by the board then that
implies that they must act with a certain diligence - otherwise, why
would the rules involve the board at all?

To all those who strongly criticize the current board action - try to
put yourself into their situation. If they had simply rubber-stamped the
membership applications and someone dug that out later, after the
election - would that not have caused an equal number of complaints?

I think we should use this as an example to help us shape the new AoA so
that they explicitly say what is ok and what isn't. - Maybe that was the
intention in the first place ;)

Bye
Frederik