[Osmf-talk] I'm running for election

Milo van der Linden milo at dogodigi.net
Wed Aug 24 20:25:52 UTC 2011

You have my vote.

I will not run. With Henk representing the Netherlands, I prefer to see
people from other countries, osmf needs a geographically spread board

Met vriendelijke groet,

Milo van der Linden

verzonden vanaf een smartphone met onhandig toetsenbord. Typefouten? Vergeef
mij!
Op 24 aug. 2011 22:13 schreef "Mikel Maron" <mikel_maron at yahoo.com> het
volgende:
> Hi
>
> Henk announced recently the upcoming AGM and Board elections. We've had
three members step down, and so three seats were up for election.

> We discussed this within the Board, and decided that this was sufficient
to meet the AoA stipulations of Board elections. Really, the AoA is not
clear ... it says that 1/3 of the Board must retire each year, and that
should be the oldest serving members. This year, we have 1/3 of the Board
retiring, but not the oldest members. The AoA does not say what should
happen in this case, and it needs too (another issue for the AoA process).
We resolved the ambiguity by deciding that 3 was sufficient this year, and
that we should aim to retain some consistency through the next year of the
Board.

> I stand by this decision. However, I've heard privately that some members
are not happy with this decision, and their interpretation of the AoA means
that one additional Board member needs to retire. As Simone, Steve, and
myself have all served the same length since our last election, and Simone
has already stepped down, that means one additional long service member
would be required to retire to meet the 1/3 directive (no one is suggesting
that 1/3 of Steve needs to run again as well).

> So in order to avoid any even appearance of a problem here, my personal
decision is to run for re-election. Vote for me.