[Osmf-talk] logo update

spof85 at web.de spof85 at web.de
Mon Dec 19 17:48:44 UTC 2011

> http://www.crowdspring.com/project/2316224_openstreetmap-logo/?filter=all&sort=buyer_feedback&voting=off

All I see is

> This project is Double Top Secret.
> Just kidding - all you need to do is log in and you'll be able to view the details.

Anyways, I would be quite unhappy to see a new logo on the site without its creation/selection being openly discussed. I happen to be on this mailing list (and will unsubscribe once this mail is sent since I am not interested in flame wars, a potpourri of quoting styles or this many e-mails), otherwise I would not have heard of this.

OSMF, this belongs to http://blog.osmfoundation.org/

And in my opinion it also belongs into a official OSM news feed/site/page. If there are "forces" deciding and forming aspects of OSM, then this should be done as public as possible and as convenient as possible. Mailings lists, forums, IRC are neither. Of course the creation of such main news display would require more thoughts on what gets posted and what not, but to me, that sounds worthwhile.

I really like the current logo and see no reason to waste money, thoughts or time on a new one. The current logo was created just half a year ago.

Cheers!
Hannes