[Osmf-talk] logo update

Emilie Laffray emilie.laffray at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 22:46:05 UTC 2011

On 19 December 2011 22:33, Steve Coast <steve at asklater.com> wrote:

> Like I said, via Frederick or a London pub. There is no doubt about
> Frederick or my or your past contributions, it was a question about the
> future.

I don't want to enter that big debate which is pretty nonsensical from my
point of view since we just got a logo redesign but I would like to point
out that Frederick's work for ODbL is greatly appreciated considering that
I work currently to make sure that my area is ODbL compliant which is what
we need to work on currently. I think that for the time being that work has
been forward looking because without those tools it would be a major
nightmare to replace the data.
If you compare a logo to an ODbL compliance tool in terms of forward
thinking for the project, I will choose the tools that Frederick has design
over a logo.
Not taking into consideration that I like the current logo, what is the
benefit of working on a new logo? What is the impetus for this? This is not
an attempt at trolling but I see that discussion as a distraction to what
is important which is the current licence change and there is so much work
to do.

Emilie Laffray