[Osmf-talk] site

Matt Amos matt at asklater.com
Tue Dec 20 11:54:11 UTC 2011

On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 11:36 AM, Tom Chance <tom at acrewoods.net> wrote:
> On 20 December 2011 11:23, SteveCoast <steve at asklater.com> wrote:
>>
>> How did we end up with a power structure or community guideline or
>> whatever where secret ballots at the MQ office on whether to put the MQ logo
>> on OSM is okay, but open debate over thinking about a logo or design is
>> fraught with difficulty, paranoia and clashing opinions on the merits of
>> even trying something?
>

> The process Tom Hughes described may be imperfect, but at least it uses the
> structures of the democratically accountable OpenStreetMap Foundation.

indeed. and if these procedures are flawed then we can fix them using
the same structures. it might well be that, following this discussion,
SWG could look at what is appropriate attribution to be having for 3rd
party tile layers. if they find that attribution to commercial
entities is unacceptable then we would have to drop a number of the
existing tile layers.

cheers,

matt