[Osmf-talk] osmf-talk Digest, Vol 27, Issue 2

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Tue Jul 19 13:17:32 BST 2011

We had a very similar discussion a week ago here in Switzerland (we are
in the process of founding a national OSM association). I believe the
consensus was, more or less, that nobody would have an issue with Google
joining (google has is largest non-US based site in Zürich so this is
not totally unlikely).

Membership (expanding this to the OSM-F) in this kind of organisation
normally doesn't require a complete alignment of goals and purpose (or
are we Scientology?)  and you will always have participants that may
just want to know what's going on from an inside pov, and that is quite
legitimate.

Simon