[Osmf-talk] Question to board members

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu Aug 23 18:48:52 UTC 2012

Jaakko,

On Thu, 23 Aug 2012 18:19:01 +0000
"Jaakko Helleranta.com" <jaakko at helleranta.com> wrote:
> The thing is obviously that if for starters you map something that
> you think is general stuff (like offices, etc) that don't end up
> showing on the map then what's the incentive to continue?

I think it would be a mistake to send the message "what's not on the
map is not worth mapping". There are many things we map that cannot
conceivably be shown on the map - even if you go to z20 you cannot show
opening hours and wheelchair accessibility and the web site of every
business you show.

OSM is much more than just a map.

Bye
Frederik