[Osmf-talk] Candidates: How will you know ... ?

Christian Quest cquest at openstreetmap.fr
Tue Aug 28 08:54:59 UTC 2012

Maybe my first post here (if my email address is now accepted)...

Elections are the usual process in democracies to deal with that.

Voters choose who they think represent them the best way.
Of course, they have to know at what degree each candidate share their
point of view.
This is easier at re-elections because voters can know the candidates
past actions (if all Board work is transparent enough).
It is a bit more difficult for new candidates and more trust based.

I take advantage of this first post to the osmf-talk list to present myself.
Mapping since 2009, using GPS since Garmin 38 times for paragliding
competitions (I was part of the Paragliding World Cup organisation
team for 10 years), I joined the group of french OSMers who create the
non-profit OpenStreetMap France association last october.
It looks like I was trustable enough as they even choose my as
secretary of the association.
I'll be in Tokyo next week for my first SOTM.

--
Christian Quest - OpenStreetMap France - http://openstreetmap.fr/u/cquest