[Osmf-talk] payment options for membership fees, donations and sponsorings in different currencies

Michael Kugelmann MichaelK_OSM at gmx.de
Tue May 15 10:12:58 UTC 2012

> I wonder if it was possible for OSMF to offer alternative payment
> methods, namely regarding the currency.
[...]
This is requested SINCE YEARS (!). But nothing has changed ever, with
the same arguments...
I still would request this, but I'v given up (disapointed) on this
issue. Unfortunately it seems to be like running against a wall one and
once again. But nobody is willing to build in a door. So everybody needs
to take a long detour for reaching his target. :-(

Best regards,
Michael.

PS: as the foundation doesn't change anything, my sollution is: I
transfer the anual fee via SEPA in Euro (!) and not in GBP to the
foundation account (=> written 18,5€ and not 15GBP at the bank transfer
form), the rest is the problem of the foundation. It is sad if less
money arrives there than possible due to potential fees, but I currently
have the impression that I can't do anything against. :-(