[Osmf-talk] Proceedings from Face-to-Face Board Meeting

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 15:10:34 UTC 2012

On 11 November 2012 23:30, Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> wrote:

> * a set of "rules of order" for the board:
> http://www.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board_Rules_of_Order

Ah, it's great to see this all written down! Can I suggest a few
clarifications and amendments:

4.2 - Replace "General Assembly" with "General Meetings", if you mean
the events (AGMs and EGMs) or "members of the Association" if you mean
the membership as a group of people. There's no "General Assembly"
mentioned in the AoA, and it's best to be consistent with our
terminology.

6.4 - by "a tally of votes" do you mean just a total for vs against,
or a full record of which board member voted in which manner? If it's
just numerical results, will the actual voting be recorded elsewhere?

6.5 - "would be influenced by" should be changed to a plain "has".
Merely having a conflict of interest[1] should be the limit before you
recuse yourself, with nobody being able to claim the conflict exists
but that it wouldn't influence their decision.

8.1 - It's probably unlikely, but it might be worth expanding to
remove the reporting exemption for multiple gifts from related
sources.

8.3 - Probably better to say "website" rather than "wiki"

Cheers,
Andy

[1] Wikipedia has a nice explanation of the difference between a
conflict of interest and an execution of impropriety. See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conflict_of_interest