[Osmf-talk] a receding opportunity

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 10:32:02 UTC 2012

2012/10/1 Richard Fairhurst <richard at systemed.net>:
> Slight clarification. Given that we can safely assume that Apple Maps are a
> Produced Work, ODbL actually says:

can we really exclude that it isn't a collective database? From ODbL:
“Collective Database” – Means this Database in unmodified form as part
of a collection of independent databases in themselves that together
are assembled into a collective whole. A work that constitutes a
Collective Database will not be considered a Derivative Database.

As far as I am aware Apple is not distributing pictures but data
(vectors) which are rendered on the device.

cheers,
Martin