[Osmf-talk] a receding opportunity

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 10:52:13 UTC 2012

2012/10/1 SteveCoast <steve at asklater.com>:
> My memory is that the data apple used is very old and under CC?

apparently iMaps use different data than apple does in iPhoto, but
you're right that also the current data might be quite old.

Actually looking at Islamabad data I found coincidentally a suspicious
node that might indicate that Apple is not using pure OSM data in this
area: http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/253161176/history
iMaps shows this node on the western side of the dual carriageway
between Street 36 and Street 37, but looking at the above node in OSM
(which is there since 2008 and only slightly moved) it apparently
never has been at this position in OSM (it was always on the eastern
side). Could someone with access to the full history please verify, if
there ever was a node in OSM for this hotel at the position indicated
in iMaps? If it wasn't I see this as a clear indication for a mash up,
because there is no doubt that the adjacent road with the name
"Muncipal Road; Post Office Road; Muncipal Road" comes from OSM ;-)

cheers,
Martin