[Osmf-talk] a receding opportunity

michael spreng michael at spreng.ch
Mon Oct 1 19:00:15 UTC 2012

> As far as I am aware Apple is not distributing pictures but data
> (vectors) which are rendered on the device.

It does not matter where the image is rendered.

There is no clear line what are vector tiles and what is OSM data. But
as I learned, what matters a lot is Intent. You can not say do
technically this or that and you are adhering the license. You have to
match the license on a higher level. In that regard, it does not matter
if you transfer the map as vector data or as pixels, as long as it is a
map (produced work in the ODbL sense)

Michael