[Osmf-talk] Access to membership list

Steve Doerr doerr.stephen at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 15:42:10 UTC 2012

On 05/10/2012 16:30, Alex Barth wrote:

> Frederik suggests here that he's permanently refused access to that list - I doubt that's true. What's the access policy to the membership list?  IMO name, osm user, member since could be public.

Does http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2006/46/section/116 not apply?

116 Rights to inspect and require copies

(1)The register and the index of members' names must be open to the
inspection—

(a)of any member of the company without charge, and

(b)of any other person on payment of such fee as may be prescribed.

(2)Any person may require a copy of a company's register of members, or
of any part of it, on payment of such fee as may be prescribed.

(3)A person seeking to exercise either of the rights conferred by this
section must make a request to the company to that effect.

(4)The request must contain the following information—

(a)in the case of an individual, his name and address;

(b)in the case of an organisation, the name and address of an individual
responsible for making the request on behalf of the organisation;

(c)the purpose for which the information is to be used; and

(d)whether the information will be disclosed to any other person, and if so—

(i)where that person is an individual, his name and address,

(ii)where that person is an organisation, the name and address of an
individual responsible for receiving the information on its behalf, and

(iii)the purpose for which the information is to be used by that person.

Steve