[Osmf-talk] Access to membership list

Jaakko Helleranta jhelleranta at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 16:18:48 UTC 2012

Interesting how this is so different in different countries, even not that
far away from each other.

In Finland the membership list of associations is strictly confidential to
be shown to members only. And even members don't have a law-granted right
for a copy of the list. That is for the associations to decide.

Per the UK system and OSMF policies: who do I need to send my request for a
copy of the membership list and how much an email-delivered copy of it
cost, if any?

My personal opinion would be that it would be good to email a copy of the
membership list with name, OSM username, member since and perhaps a country
of residence(?) (if listed in the foundation's lists) always before the
annual meeting. .. Perhaps with info on whether the person has paid their
membership dues or not.

Cheers,
-Jaakko