[Osmf-talk] Board Cohesion/Confidentiality

Sam Larsen samlarsen1 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Oct 8 09:00:06 UTC 2012

> I do think the idea of Collective Responsibility is good one.

-1

Please don't impose this crazy Westminster convention on the board.  I support the board being responsible for the decisions they make.  At the same time i emphatically support the right of Frederik or anyone to voice their objections to what the Board is deciding by consensus.  As noted in the cited Wikipedia article, Claire Short's opposition to the invasion of Iraq was a notable exception to this cabinet rule.  I don't want to have a system where board members are pressured to publicly lie about their support for particular decisions like many politicians were when the US & UK invaded Iraq.  I want the board members that i voted for to tell me the truth about what is happening and how they feel about it.

I am happy Frederik has voiced his opinions, i just think it might have been a little less controversial if he had voiced them on this mailing list instead of on his blog.  This is a democratic forum, anyone with a keen interest in OSM can join this list and be included in important discussions about OSM.  It's not the end of the world, we are having some problems that people are trying to work through, but let's get a little perspective - at least we don't have a swarm of a million BIG_GUY bots destroying all our hard work.

Sam