[Osmf-talk] Board Cohesion/Confidentiality

Emilie Laffray emilie.laffray at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 13:02:36 UTC 2012

+1 to what Sam said.
While it is clear that some information should remain confidential for many
potential reason and that disagreements should be minuted, I don't see the
point in having a smooth front if there is much infighting behind the scene.
Having been there, I can see the need to show that we are moving as one but
I can see also the point of vocal, polite disagreement as a way to
encourage internal democracy within the foundation. I don't think it is
normal that we have to wait to be out from the board to show and express
disagreements with the direction the board is taking in general.
I think there is much to gain by having more public debate on some things.
However, the board is clearly the body that got elected to take those
decisions ultimately.

Emilie Laffray