[Osmf-talk] Proposal: Welcome Wagon Working Group

Pierre Béland infosbelas-gps at yahoo.fr
Mon Sep 24 14:00:32 UTC 2012

2012-09-24 Jorge Gustavo Rocha

>  It is hard to create such a wide WG to attend the specific
> difficulties and cultures of each community. The support to new mappers
> is better provided by neighbors, I think.

I agree with Jorge. OSM is a multicultural organization and a multitude of languages are spoken.

That type of work would not be efficient if done in a centralized way. It should belong to local communities when possible.

Would it be better to first provide tools for local communities to welcome new members, identify local contributors, and monitor mapping in their area?

Pierre