[Osmf-talk] Financing the OSMF

Kate Chapman kate at maploser.com
Tue Aug 27 12:54:43 UTC 2013

Hi Oleksiy,

I'm the Executive Director of the Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team. We
are not funded by the OSMF, we are a US based/tax exempt non-profit
and obtain our funding primarily from project work. The cost of having
a building, would far exceed our yearly operating budget. Members of
HOT do visit Geneva and meet with some of those organizations, though
we primarily train their field staff in the countries we and those
organizations work. The field staff working on the ground where they
have a need for detailed map data are the types of individuals where
we focus our efforts.

Best,

-Kate