[Osmf-talk] Financing the OSMF

Oleksiy Muzalyev oleksiy.muzalyev at bluewin.ch
Tue Aug 27 13:46:42 UTC 2013

Hello Kate,

I am mapping Geneva addressable via surveys with "OsmPad" for "iPhone"
and bicycle on weekends.

As I already wrote I saw that the humanitarian organizations and UN
agencies do have buildings with clear signs in Geneva.

It seems to be a part of being significant in this field.

What I meant is a 2-3 story office building. Since the "Humanitarian
OpenStreetMap" is working with the "OpenStreetMap", why not to share a
building too?

There could be two signs "OpenStreetMap Foundation" and "Humanitarian
OpenStreetMap Team" on this building. Plus a Donation Recognition Plaque
on the wall: "This building was purchased for the "OpenStreetMap
Foundation" and "Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team" by the "N... Corporation".

In this case your colleagues would be able not only visit humanitarian
organizations and UN agencies in Geneva, but receive return visits from
these organizations, conduct conferences in the building's conference
hall, training, etc.

In any case I will continue mapping Geneva addressable and at the same
time will look for a suitable building.

When there is a building, a price, a consensus, then a solid business
proposal could be presented to potential donors.

brgds
Oleksiy
http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Alex-7