[Osmf-talk] Financing the OSMF

Gregory Marler info at nomoregrapes.com
Thu Aug 29 22:57:11 UTC 2013

On 28/08/13 06:49, Oleksiy Muzalyev wrote:
> Gregory,
>
> On the home page in an editing mode there is a logo "Bing" in bold letters.
This depends which editor you use (personally I have my default set to
JOSM), and it depends which aerial imagery is being shown.
> It seems a mode of productive
> cooperation was found in this case without "selling itself out".
It's not so much a case of a point of cooperation being agreed. The
aerial imagery was added to some editors because the Bing aerial imagery
license allows it to be used for copying into OpenStreetMap. The license
requires the logo and credit notice be displayed when that aerial
imagery layer is displayed.
The Bing logo has not been added to the editor as such and has not been
directly added to the osm.org homepage/website.

Greg.